This company has provided their services to the Central Valley for the past 30 years and is in need of a payroll specialist. Under the general supervision of the Human Resource/Director of Administration the Payroll Specialist is responsible for overseeing and effectively completing bi-weekly payroll and task associated with day to day payroll operations. Familiarity with Paylocity and prevailing wage a plus. Are you ready for a great opportunity you can’t pass up! Cazador Consulting Group is ready for you! We take pride in placing great candidates with great companies. We believe that a companies culture is valuable in elevating ones career. We strive for that match every time!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collecting and verifying timesheets.
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system.
- Answering employees’ questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and deductions.
- Ensuring proper wage and hour limits and regulations are adhered to
- Updating leadership on updated information on COVID SPSLA rules
- Processing new employees, promotions, and terminations.
- Issuing statements detailing earnings and deductions.
- Issuing and delivering paychecks to employees.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Preparing payroll reports for leadership and controller as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
PAYROLL SPECIALIST SKILLS & PROFICENCIES
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in processing payroll.
- Knowledge of Supplemental COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave.
- Previous experience with certified payroll and prevailing wage work preferred.
- Previous experience in a payroll department.
- Knowledge of payroll software is beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good math and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player.
To apply for this job email your details to Lizette@cazadorcg.com