Are you looking for your ‘forever’ career and have accounting experience working the manufacturing industry? We are looking for a cost accountant for our client in Henderson, Nevada! Our perfect candidate will have meticulous analytical skills, is great under pressure, and be familiar with IASB Our client is nationally and globally known and is committed to excellence with customers and employees.
–Base salary/negotiable and full benefits
–This is a permanent, direct-hire position
–Must have experience working in the manufacturing industry
Cost Accountant Job Summary:
Cost Accountants are expected to be detailed oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, Cost Accountants should be confident, professional, and meticulous with a keen interest in the cost-efficient operations of the organization. Top candidates will have outstanding presentation and report-writing skills, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Cost Accountant Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and records of the organization.
- Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings.
- Prepare and complete internal cost audits.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Analyze the data collected and log a detailed record of the results.
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect the prices and profitability of products or services.
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation.
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor the cycle count program.
- Experience in SAP
Cost Accountants Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field (essential).
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) accreditation (essential).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred..
- 2 years of Cost Accounting work experience (essential).
- Sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Solid cost systems background.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing, communication, and IT skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com