The Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day financial transactions of the company. This role involves handling accounts payable tasks, such as processing vendor invoices and payments, and accounts receivable tasks, including invoicing customers and tracking incoming payments. If you have a minimum of 5 years in the accounting industry and advanced Microsoft Excel Skills. We need your expertise.
Essential Job Functions
· Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
· Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
· Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
· Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
· Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
· Manages collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, and referring accounts to collection agencies.
· Recommends improvements to accounts payable/receivable processes.
· Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare recommendations for resolution.
· Initiate credits and adjustments to customer accounts within company policy limits.
· Develop tracking and reconciliation procedures for deductions.
· Communicate with managers at various locations.
· Timely month-end closing.
· Audit intercompany chargebacks.
· Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org